The current guide for climbing in Guernsey is “Rock Climbs in the South West – Jersey and Guernsey” by Ian Smith and Alan Hill (ISBN: 0-904405-39-7) and was published in 1987. This guide went out of print many years ago which makes original copies difficult to find and treasured items amongst the Guernsey climbing community. Since 1987, new routes have been climbed and new crags developed. There was a brief update to the original guide in the form of a section in “New Climbs 1988” published by The British Mountaineering Council. Post this however, despite several efforts; there hasn’t been a conclusive update to the original guide. Until now… The PDFs to the right seek to collate all the route information available for climbing in Guernsey and provide an update to the original guide that includes new routes, new crags and current access information. Route information in the PDFs has come from the following sources;
- Rock Climbs in the South West – Guernsey and Jersey.
- New Climbs 1988.
- Previous Guernsey Mountaineering Club website.
- Previous Guernsey Climbing website.
- “Guernsey (not so) New Routes” by Martin Crocker.
- “Guernsey Routes Log” maintained by Chris Harvey and routes listed on www.ukclimbing.com.
You’ll note that not all sections are available yet. PDFs for each section are uploaded here as and when they are ready for consumption. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure everything is accurate, mistakes are made and the information in the PDFs is used entirely at the risk of the user. If you do spot a mistake, please let us know.
- North Coast
- West Coast
- South Coast
- Pleinmont Point
- Herpin Rock Area
- La Congrelle
- Mont Herault Area
- Les Tielles
- La Prevote Watch Tower Area
- La Corbiere to Le Brigard
- Le Gouffre
- Point de la Moye
- Les Sommeilleuses – Portelet – Petit Bot
- Icart Point (West)
- Icart Point (East)
- Saints Bay – Le Harve de Bon Port – Moulin Huet
- Jerbourg Point